How do I configure the Employee Contracts Module (v7)?
The Contract Hours calculation module allows for the creation of employee contracts. These contracts include a set number of hours for each day of the year. Once assigned, the employee’s time worked can be tracked in regards to their contract, to ensure they have worked the contracted amount of time.
Since very few employees will meet their contract to the minute, the Contract Hours module tracks variance between the contract and actual hours worked, so a surplus of hours can count towards the employee missing work one day. For instance, if an employee works an extra five minutes past their contract one day, then is five minutes late the next, the surplus from the first day will help make up the difference.
Step by Step
Creating Contract Templates
1. In TimeClock Manager, navigate to Configuration > Other Configurations > Contract Templates.
2. Click on the Add button to create a contract.
3. Assign a numeric ID to the contract, and give the contract a Name. If you would like to base this contract on a pre-existing contract, use the Base On dropdown.
4. On the General tab, select whether or not all job codes will apply to this contract, or if only hours worked in selected job codes will count towards contracted hours. If only certain job codes will count, select the Default Job Code from the dropdown, and Assign any additional job code items.
5. Navigate to the Contract Hours tab to assign hours to the contract. Each day can have a certain amount of hours assigned to it.
6. Since many contracts will run for months, if not years, it may not be practical to assign all hours manually. To copy whole ranges of hours, click on the Manage button and select Copy. Configure a Source date range (the days you would like to copy) and a Destination range (the dates you would like to copy to). In addition, select if you would like to perform:
- Linear Copy: The first day from the source copies to the first day of the destination.
- Day to Day Copy: The first Monday in the source will copy to the first Monday of the destination, and so on.
Days can be cleared in the destination range by checking Clear in Destination if Not Scheduled in Source.
NOTE: Be sure to click Preview before copying. A Copy operation cannot easily be undone, so make sure the dates match up before you click Copy. Once you have previewed the copy operation to make sure the hours will copy correctly, click Copy to automatically populate those dates.
7. Once you have configured your hours, click Validate to view the total hours of the contract. This can be configured to split up the contract by weeks, and will provide an overall look at the contract.
8. Once you are satisfied with the contract, click Save.
Clearing Hours from Contracts
If you need to clear several days of hours out of a contract without deleting them one day at a time, you can do so with the Clear Days option.
1. On the Manage Contract Templates feature, click on the Clear Days button.
2. Select the date range you would like to clear hours from, as well as the contracts you would like to clear these hours from.
3. Click Preview to see which hours will be removed. If the correct days will be cleared, click on the Clear button to empty hours from those days.
Assigning a Contract to an Employee
1. Navigate to the Contracts tab in Employee > Employee Profiles.
2. Click on the Assign button to select the contract(s) you would like to assign to this employee.
3. Once a contract has been assigned, the hours can be edited by clicking on the icon. The contract can also be deleted by clicking on the icon.
4. Click the Save button to commit the changes made to this employee’s contracts.