Question / Issue
I’ve just installed v7 and the TimeClock Plus Control Panel opened up, what do I do now?
Answer / Solution
Following is a breakdown of each tab of the Control Panel to help you understand how to use it.
The Applications tab gives you links to each application in the TimeClock Plus system.
- TimeClock Manager: TimeClock Manager is where members of management will be doing most of their work. Here, you will be able to add new employees, correct time cards, print reports, and create Schedules. Brand new users should start here.
- Admin Server: The Admin Server application allows you to perform administrative functions like updating your software or backing up your database.
- WebClock: WebClock offers a complete clock operation and self-service solution. Basic clock operations, alongside the ability to view and approve hours, leave balances, and time off requests are all found here.
- Clock Hub: The Clock Hub application allows users to quickly create a clock hub and edit clocks using that hub. This application provides more detail when viewing or editing clock information.
- Clock Status: Clock Status gives IT and other users in charge of hardware a company-wide overview of which clocks are running and their location. Additionally, terminals that can support multiple companies (such as the RDTg) can be set up here.
We highly suggest right-clicking on the Manager and WebClock links, choosing copy shortcut, and sending those links in an email to the primary TimeClock Plus users. This will ensure that they always have access to those links.
The Documentation tab includes a short list of common and essential documents that we suggest browsing for your first time using the system.
The Server Update tab will allow you to check for and run updates for your TimeClock Plus v7 install.
The Status tab allows you to check the current status of the 6 running services for TimeClock Plus. In a normal state, all services should be running. During some troubleshooting steps, we may require restarting these services.