Question / Issue
I want to upgrade my existing 6.0 or 3.0 Installation to v7!
Answer / Solution
You’ve just received your installation media and are ready to upgrade your previous installation of 6.0 or Web 3.0.
The instructions below will take you step by step through the installation. First! Take a look here and make sure your server meets our server requirements!
Step by Step
- Insert your CD or run the setup.exe from your installation media
- Click Next on the splash screen
- If the default install directory works for you, click next, otherwise choose an alternate folder by clicking Browse
- Read and accept the EULA
- Type in your product key (this will be included on the top right of your invoice), and click Next
- Choose upgrading from TimeClock Plus 6.0 or Web Edition 3.0 and click Next
- Type in your existing SQL server/instance name, port to connect with, and whichever authentication works best for this connectionNote! The default from a previous install would be .TimeClockPlus in the serverinstance field, leaving all other options default.
- Click Next
- Choose the existing Database to upgrade, for most customers, this will be TimeClockPlus
- Click Next
- Choose one of the following and click Next:
Use the Same SQL instance for the upgraded database
9a-1. If you select this option, click Next
9a-2. Select the database name you would like to use, (we recommend the default TimeClockPlus), and click Next
9a-3. See step 10
Create a new SQL instance – Use this option if you are installing v7 on a different computer from the one you are upgrading from, OR if you would like to create another instance on the same machine.
9b-1. If you select this option, click Next
9b-2. Type the name you would like to use for the Instance (we recommend the default TimeClockPlus), and click Next
9b-3. Choose Basic Installation for the TimeClockPlus Database name
9b-4. See step 10
Connect to an existing SQL instance – Use this option if you have an existing instance other than the original one that you would like to use to house the TimeClockPlus database
9c-1. If you select this option, click Next
9c-2. Type in your existing SQL server/instance name, port to connect with, and whichever authentication works best for this connection
9c-3. Click Next
9c-4. Type the name you would like to use for the Instance (we recommend the default TimeClockPlus), and click Next
9c-5. See step 10
- You are now on the Configure Admin Server Password screen, the password you set here will be used by the high-level administrator for the TimeClock Plus system, generally used by the IT staff, or Project Manager for TimeClock Plus. Choose whichever password you would like to use here, and click Next.NOTE! This password can be changed but requires calling into TimeClock Plus Support.
- You are now on the Configure ADMIN User Password screen, the password you set here will be used by the day to day Admin of TimeClock Plus system, generally this is an HR director. This user will create other Users and Employees in the System. Choose whichever password you would like to use here, and click Next.
- In order to ensure that there are no port conflicts for our installation, click Configure Ports, if any of these ports are in use, choose an alternate port here. If you are Done or unsure if a port is in use, click Ok. The system will do a very quick check and let you know if any of these ports are in use. Once the ports are all available, click Install.NOTE! Most commonly 80 or 443 are in use by an existing website. We recommend 8080 and 8443 as alternate ports.
The installation will take about 10 to 20 minutes depending on your download speed (if we are downloading SQL from Microsoft). Once the installation is complete, the TimeClock Plus Control Panel will open up.
To Continue your setup from the Control Panel, Click Here.