Question / Issue
I want to upgrade my existing 4.2 or 5.0 Installation to v7.
Answer / Solution
The instructions below will take you step by step through the installation and upgrade of your TimeClock Plus environment. To ensure the smoothest upgrade experience, we suggest calling into TimeClock Plus Support at 325-223-9300.
Backing up your Database
- From the machine with the current TimeClock Plus installation to be upgraded, open the Database Manager and connect.
- Once connected, highlight the TimeClock Plus database you will be upgrading and press the Backup button.
- Locate this backup file and place it on the root of the C drive of the machine that you will be installing the newest version of TimeClock Plus on.
Upgrade to v7
- Browse to http://download.timeclockplus.com/support/70/v7installer.zip to download the installation package.
- Extract the zip file and open the installer.
- If the default install directory works for you, click Next, otherwise choose an alternate folder by clicking Browse.
- Read and accept the EULA.
- Type in your product key (this was provided to you via e-mail by TimeClock Plus), and click Next.
- Choose upgrading from TimeClock Plus 6.0 or Web Edition 3.0 and click Next.
- Type in your existing SQL server/instance name, port to connect with, and whichever authentication works best for this connection.
- Click Next
- From the root of the C drive, select your TimeClock Plus database backup file and click Next.
- Choose to either create a new SQL Instance or connect to an existing one and click Next.
- You are now on the Configure Admin Server Password The password you set here will be used by the high-level administrator for the TimeClock Plus system (generally used by the IT staff, or the Project Manager for TimeClock Plus). Choose whichever password you would like to use here, and click Next.NOTE! This password can be changed but requires calling into TimeClock Plus Support.
- You are now on the Configure ADMIN User Password The password you set here will be used by the administrator of the TimeClock Plus system to log in (generally this is an HR director). This user will create other Users and Employees in the System. Choose whichever password you would like to use here, and click Next.
- Choose whether you would like to have a default SSL certificate generated for your installation of TimeClock Plus. This determines whether the site will us an http or https URL. We recommend generating an SSL certificate for your installation. Choose the option that works best for your company, and click Next.
NOTE! If your company would like to generate a signed SSL certificate for use in the TimeClock Plus installation, choose the generate option, and then call in to TimeClock Plus Support after installation to put your certificate and key in place.
- In order to ensure that there are no port conflicts for your installation, click Configure Ports. If any of these ports are in use, choose an alternate port here. If you are unsure if a port is in use, simply click Ok and the system will do a very quick check and let you know if any of these ports are in use. Once complete, click Install.
NOTE! Most commonly ports 80 or 443 are in use by an existing website. We recommend using 8080 and 8443 as alternate ports.
The installation will take about 10 to 20 minutes depending on your download speed. Once the installation is complete, the TimeClock Plus Control Panel will open up.
To continue your setup from the Control Panel, Click Here.